Friday, August 21, 2009

The Rich are Poorer

There has been a drop in the income of the top 1%. Income inequality which had been rising for the past decades has slowed.

Here is a link to the New York Times article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/business/economy/21inequality.html?emc=tnt&tntemail1=y

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

For which organizations or types of businesses is this a threat? Any industries which might see this as an opportunity?

1 comment:

  1. I think in some ways it's a good thing that incomes are becoming more equal, but it also might be a sign that all incomes are slowly dropping. It's been very difficult for me to find a decent drop with a degree. I can't imagine the trouble that people are having without a degree.

    I think any industry would see this fact as an opportunity to drop the salary of the CEO and other top officers. They could also see it as an opportunity to lower wages of all newly hired employees.

    ReplyDelete