I follow this blog called "What is Stephen Harper reading?" The blog's author, Yann Martel, sends the PM of Canada a book every two weeks, along with a letter about the book and why he should read it. It is fascinating.
The most recent title is a Harlequin Romance. Harlequin is truly global with offices all over the world. They have sold 5.63 billion (yes, billion) books. The romance novel genre is the most profitable in the publishing industry.
Follow the link to post:
Book Number 64: The Virgin Secretary’s Impossible Boss, by Carole Mortimer
Posted using ShareThis
The Blog Moves On
8 years ago
The industry is even more successful due to my purchases...though some of mine were at used book stores. I am addicted to Nora Roberts romance novels, though hers are mostly mystery and some romance with a total of about 6 pages per novel of actual juicy stuff. I've thought of trying to write some myself but I've never tried. Maybe one day I'll be a famous romance novelist with an intriguing pen name, like Alexis Wellington or Alicia Waterford. I'll stick with A.W. as my initials and use a last name that symbolizes extravagance. LOL
ReplyDelete