Thursday, December 3, 2009

McDonalds and Americans with Disabilities

I saw this story on a few websites and thought I would pass it on. It highlights "bad press" and keeping your employees up-to-date with regulatory requirements that affect their jobs. Will I stop going to McDonald's (don't go much anyway); probably not.
Following a particularly disturbing incident in December 2008, when Tuesday and I were hassled by McDonald's employees at a Brooklyn restaurant, who claimed service dogs were not allowed in the establishment, I wrote a letter to McDonald's president Ralph Alvarez. That letter resulted in the regional manager, Ms. Claudia Alvarez, phoning me to discuss the incident. I made it clear that McDonald's needed to train its staff on the ADA and suggested that stickers be placed on their establishment's front doors indicating, "No pets; Assistance Animals welcome."

Click here to read the whole account from PBS's POV website.

1 comment: