Thursday, November 5, 2009

Paul Krugman offers a perspective on the world economy


The chart above is from his blog "The Conscience of a Liberal". The world today is in red, the world in "The Great Depression" is in blue.
Check out his complete posting (the comments are good, too).

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see it, but does he specify how far down the blue line went down before it started picking up?...also, if the world 08 is moving at a slower, more exaggerated pace than '29, looking at the pick up b/w months 6 & 8 of the '29 line could mean bad times ahead are possible. (Just comparing the uptick in '29 months 6 & 9 with the pick up in '08 months 10 and 18.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes

    No he doesn't take his analysis out quite that far. Sometimes in his blog he likes to do something just like this --- a picture and a few comments to make a point (he is guardedly optimistic) and generate discussion. I don't understand some of his posts because they can get pretty detailed - but I usually try to follow.

    His commenters are usually excellent, so I often "get it" when reading his comments

    ReplyDelete